Employee training is another key element in a successful safety program. The following are examples of training conducted to each employee.
- PEC SafeLandUSA Training – Essential for operating on Oil and Gas sites in a safe manner. We schedule this training several times each year.
- Aerial Lift and Forklift Training – Hands on training administered by Safety Director using our equipment.
- Crane Certification – All of our crane operators are NCCCO certified.
- OSHA 10 Training
- Fall Protection Training – Safety Director explains different types of fall protection - proper inspection and use of harness and retractable - proper use of extension and step ladders - explain what 100% tie off means and how to complete it – Transferring from one tie off point to another
- First Aid Training
- CPR Training
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program
- Employee Drug Testing thought the TPS Alert System
- Rigging Qualification
- Supervisor Training
Our Job Superintendents are also our safety representatives. They assure the implementation of the Safety Program through their on-site supervision. They report to the Safety Director and Management with any safety concerns that may come about. They have the authority, as well as any employee, to stop any work activity that creates a safety hazard. Other responsibilities include:
- Direct a weekly safety meeting. The topic of each meeting is specific to what work tasks will be performed that week, job site conditions, or any area we need to improve upon. The topic is sent out every Sunday by the Safety Director
- Conduct daily safety inspections on tools, equipment, fall protection devices and rigging
- Fill out a JSA daily with their crew to make everyone aware of risks and mitigate them
- Oversee all operations on the job site, ensuring that everyone works in a safe manner, and goes home safely to their family everyday