G&D Erectors, Inc. is focused on and is committed to performing every work activity in a safe and accident-free manner.
In order to achieve our safety goals, G&D has established systems, methods and controls to safety execute construction work. Our safety program also covers specialized environment and OSHA requirements.
The company has adopted a target of zero accidents as a goal and vision for continuous safety improvement. Through this vision, G&D strives to perform all work activities on all construction projects free of accidents.
The guiding principles to achieve this vision are:
- all accidents can be prevented
- personnel can be reasonably safeguarded against construction hazards
- safety is a management responsibility
- safety is an employee responsibility
- management has a responsibility to train employees to work safely
- preventing injuries is morally right and good business
- working safely is a condition of employment
Employee training is another key element in a successful safety program.The following are examples of training conducted to each employee:
- fall protection requirements
- Job site tool box meetings
- Safety program orientation
Our Project Managers and Job Superintendents are our safety representatives. They assure the implementation of the Safety Program. They report to the corporate management and have the responsibility and authority to stop any work activity that creates a safety hazard. Other responsibilities include:
- conduct safety orientation and craft and supervision safety meetings
- conduct daily safety inspections
- conduct follow-up to assure that corrective action has been implemented to resolve safety issues
- identified in safety meetings or during inspections